Code of ethics and business conduct
Dani S.p.A has long since adopted the regulations in accordance to D. Lgs. 231/2001, which introduced in Italy the “Discipline of the administrative responsibility of legal persons, companies and associations also without legal personality”.
In order to achieve the principles of correctness and transparency, Dani S.p.A is in line with its model 231 and has implemented:
• a CODE OF ETHICS (available at www.gruppodani.it). The Code of Ethics contains the fundamental principles that govern, the Rules of Conduct and Human rights for all activities at Dani S.p.A.
• A special Supervisory Board (ODV) that supervises and verifies the correct and full application of Model 231/2001.
All employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, independent contractors and representatives of Dani S.p.A are responsible for reading, understanding and complying with the principles and standards contained in this Code.
In particular, in order to comply with the Model, Dani S.p.A. has adopted a Whisteblowing Policy that provides the ability to send Odv reports that are detailed and based on precise and consistent factual elements. For example, the following may be reported:
• facts which may supplement criminal offences and unlawful conduct in general;
• conduct in breach of standards and regulations for the protection of health and safety at work and the environment;
• conduct that violates regulations, policies, procedures, instructions and any other corporate arrangements;
• conduct that violates the Code of Ethics and the Model of organization, management and control.
The reporting agent must provide all the information to the best of their knowledge so ODV can carry out the necessary verifications, although it is not required to provide sufficient evidence on its own to prove the reported fact.
The alert should contain:
• a clear and complete description of the facts as known, the circumstances of time and place of occurrence of the same;
• the general information or in any case the elements that allow the identification of the author of the reported conduct and any supporting documents.
Remembering that even anonymous reports are allowed and the communications received are managed by the ODV through an internal procedure which protects the identity of the reporting agent and they are safe guarded from any retaliatory or discriminatory action on related grounds, either directly or indirectly.
In order to protect the confidentiality of the complainant, an IT channel has been provided, consisting of an e-mail address in the name of the organisation email@example.com.
Dani identifies itself in the idea of sustainable management.
The following things exist in this idea: social and territorial inclusion, the protection of natural resources and investment return.
This obligation is clearly expressed by the logo: “Sustainable leather”, which directs strategic choices, daily behaviour, and the proposals created for our stakeholders.
Thanks to the innovative technology used, leather tanning now respects the environment.
By covering all the production cycle phases, we have implemented systems for efficiently managing natural resources and safely recovering by-products and waste.
Sustainability does not just mean satisfying legal limits. It also means finding innovative solutions that favour the environment, the people who work for Dani and the local communities.
All this is possible thanks to Dani’s collaborations with the companies in Arzignano: chemical companies, purification plants, machine producers and companies that recover and promote tannery by-products.