The ability to valorise the environment as a “distinctive element” of the territory, guaranteeing at the same time the protection and the renovation of each natural resource and of the natural assett.
Ability to guarantee human wealth (safety, health, education) equally distributed among classes and genders, but also the ability of each subjects belonging to a local system to act together following shared projects.
Dani was the first to obtain this “Environmental footprint”, an indicator that quantifies the greenhouse gas produced along the whole supply chain, from agriculture to the finished leather. This certification confirms our ability and our commitment to measure the overall impact on the climate of our products and to lower the final figure of CO2 released along the entire process.
Dani releases circa 4,6 kg CO2 eq. to produce 1 m2 of finished leather (gate to gate).
Tanneries primarily use electric and thermal energy. Electricity is used for the operations of machinery and installations, while the heat is used to adjust the temperature of the water in productions and in the workplace.
Since the resources are limited and precious, we need to find new ways to recover and not to
waste water, by-products and to lower the emissions during our production cycle.
* 91% of WASTE are sent for recovery;
* According to the main environmental parameters, the purification efficiency
of all the discharge WATER is 97-99%;
* The average consumption of SOLVENTS, per square meter of leather, is 65% lower
than the legal limits.
628 of our personnel are employed at our Italian plants, 87% of which live in the province
90% of the personnel are employed under permanent contracts, while the 10% has a fixed-term or placement contracts.
MORE INNOVATION: technological innovations along our production process in the un-hairing, tanning and re-tanning phases..
LESS EMISSIONS: reduction of about 5% of the CO2 emissions, thanks to the ability to measure and lowered the greenhouse gas emissions.
ZERO IMPACT: reaching the total compensation of the CO2 produced, thanks to reforestation projects realized by AzzeroCo2, a company accredited as Energy Service Company.
Since 2014 we are the coordinators of a project partially funded, as part of the Life+ programme, by the European Union: GreenLIFE project (Green Leather Industry for the Environment). The project, that in addition to our company involves four other
enterprises based in Vicenza’s Tannery District, aims to reduce the environmental impact of leather processing as well as providing the first step towards a common direction for the entire Vicenza Tannery District.
For more information: www.greenlifeproject.eu
Our company has generated a turnover of 195 million euro and an added value of over 36 million euro.
A remarkable effort has been made in the modernization of machineries and production facilities, with the aim to improve the production efficiency and to reduce consumptions. In this regard, investments in tangible and intangible assets amounted to 7.254.116 euro (3,6% of the turnover).
* Development and implementation of a system for the selection, qualification and assessment of suppliers which also includes ethical, social and environmental standards;
* Implementation of the project "Social Footprint of Product" aimed at communicating the social value of the product;
* Obtaining for the main articles of Dani the "EPD Process" certification, in order to monitor the environmental impacts of these specific products;
* Introduction of an integrated management system in regards to the Environment, Employee Safety and Energy (according to the regulations UNI ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 50001);
* Skill mapping of Dani’s personnel;
* Introduction in the company of initiatives aim to support the families of Dani’s personnel;
* Development of personnel evaluation and goal achievement system that combine economic aspects (productivity, quality, ...) with issues related to environment and development of human resources;
* Development of a internal canteen and other services.
* Completion of GreenLIFE project, started in 2014. GreenLIFE’s main goals are:
- 20% reduction in water consumption in the beamhouse stage;
- 20% decrease in chemicals used in the beamhouse stage;
- 20% reduction in solid waste a large reduction in sulfides in the hair-removal tannery stage;
- 15% recovery and re-use of by-products with industrial value a new knowledge hub to share ideas and technologies;
For more information visit the website www.greenlifeproject.eu
* Reduction in consumption of diesel by 5% per working hour every year.
* Reduction of the electrical energy consumption by 15% per unit of product;
* Reduction of the thermal energy consumption by 15% per unit of product;
* Reduction of water consumption, the aim is to consume 21.5 liters / kg of raw hides.